POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Matrix bullet time effect : Re: Matrix bullet time effect Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:41:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matrix bullet time effect
From: Nikias
Date: 7 Nov 2002 09:35:03
Message: <web.3dca79f3f218fe2d7dc7e5c90@news.povray.org>
I've got the matrix-movie on DVD and had a look
at it some time ago to actually see what kind
of effect it was.

And the fact is, the bullets are leaving torii. If you
look closely on the last animation where he stops them
in the air, they actually appear very abruptly around
a bullet, something I wouldn't have expected (I remembered
it to be far smoother), and then fade out (which is rather
difficult for us, as the torii would be totally transparent
to begin with, and we could only drop the IOR, which gives
a slightly different effect.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Tim